It’s that time of year again! Order now to keep your birds happy this winter; and in the process help to support the Monticello Bird Club in our only fundraising event of the year. The sale proceeds enable our partnerships with the Ivy Creek Natural Area and with Blue Ridge Young Birders Club; and they support our community outreach throughout the year, including educational programs in elementary school classrooms across the region, as well as scholarships to deserving youth for Audubon nature camp and for PVCC Ornithology classes.
- We offer a wide variety of “Amish Crafted” high quality seeds and seed blends, suet cakes and (new this year!) seed cylinders & a seed cylinder holder. These products are grown, nurtured, packed and then driven from our friendly Ohio farmers at Lizzie Mae directly to our Charlottesville delivery site. And that means delicious, farm-fresh seed for our birds!
- We will again be selling the popular Western Red Cedar Bluebird Houses, made locally, a fine gift for yourself or a fellow bird lover.
- Our Bird Seed Sale is based on a convenient pre-order system.
(Please note the addition of Virginia Sales Tax to your bird seed order. This is a change from past years, but it has been determined that the sales tax must be added to comply with Virginia tax law.)
Here’s how it works….
How to Order
- Here’s a link to the Product page of the MBC Bird Seed Order Form. Decide which items you want, then either…. Order online. Here’s the link. Or, if you prefer…Order by mail—by printing the two page Order Form and filling out both pages. Then send this form, along with a check made payable to Monticello Bird Club, to us at Monticello Bird Club, PO Box 4362, Charlottesville, VA 22905.
- All orders (online and via snail mail) must be received by Wednesday, November 1st.
- Come get your order on Pick Up Day, Saturday Nov. 11, 2017, 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM, Virginia Department of Forestry Warehouse. Here’s a link to Google Map directions.
For those of you preferring written driving directions, here they are…. From Route 29, take the Fontaine Avenue Exit. Turn east onto Fontaine Avenue toward UVA. At the first light, turn right into the Fontaine Business Park. At the yield sign, turn right toward 900 Natural Resources Drive and continue to the Virginia Department of Forestry Warehouse on the left. Signs for the MBC Bird Seed Pick-up will be posted.
Help us spread word of our sale to your bird-feeding friends and neighbors by directing them to this website. Here’s a link to printable posters advertising the sale (both full-size to post and 4-to-a-page size to carry with you to hand out). Thanks for helping keep our local birds fed and happy this season!