Below is a copy of the email sent to MBC members on 1/11/18.
To All Monticello Bird Club Members:
The Club is offering Marshall Faintich’s Photography Class free to all current members who are “known to the treasurer.”
The class will be held at Ivy Creek Natural Area in the Education Building on Thursday, January 18, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
This class kicks off our second annual Bird Photography Contest, co-sponsored by Charlottesville Camera Club. Our last meeting of this year, on May 2, will be devoted to the judging of the contest. Winners will have their winning photographs mounted, and the entire set of first-prize photographs will go “on tour” in Charlottesville/Albemarle. If you’d like to see last year’s winning photographs, they’re currently on display in the main library in downtown Charlottesville. (Here’s a link to view subsequent display venues and dates.)
To pique your interest in the class even further, here’s Marshall’s outline of his presentation:
1. The reasons for and importance of bird photography;
2. Basics of how a digital camera works, and how this affects image quality, camera settings, and post-processing;
3. Comparison of DSLR and Point&Shoot digital cameras;
4. Camera manufacturers’ marketing hype;
5. Elements of a good photo: subject, lighting, composition, capture, and post-processing;
6. Post-processing techniques;
7. My nominal settings for bird photography;
8. Questions and Answers
Please RSVP indicating your intention to attend so we can plan accordingly! (Simply reply to the original email you received or to our website address: [email protected])